Parent’s Service Sign up
Traffic & Patrol Sign up
During both before school begins and after school ends, the volunteers will be stationed outside in the parking lot to direct traffic flow; for the morning shift, the volunteers need to help the setup; afternoon shift will help to clean. This specific job entails that the volunteers control when and how the cars move while yielding traffic to pedestrians. Volunteers will assist in helping young children out of the car if necessary. (Note: Wednesday and Saturday volunteers are exempt from performing traffic control duties.)
During school hours, the volunteers will also stay in the school at designated areas. The volunteers will watch out for suspicious activity and walk around for patrolling at every 20-minute interval. This duty will also be performed during break time. For example, if the hour was at 9:00 AM, the volunteers will actively patrol at 9:20 AM, 9:40 AM, and 9:50 AM.
All patrol volunteers need to fulfill the duties to be eligible for the points.
*Volunteers, please sign in at the library before the duty time starts. In order to get your full volunteer points, please report to your duty on time.
The duties of a volunteer include:
- Help to set up and clean the cones.
- Allowing pedestrians to cross when they are present.
- Encouraging cars to move forward in the one-way lane.
- Preventing cars from backing up into the street.
- Disallowing cars from entering the one-way lane.
- Discouraging students from leaving the drop-off lane through the left side of the car.
- Discouraging people cross over and under the yellow tape.
- Noting violated cars that have parked in the restricted “No Parking” zone
- Disallowing the drivers of the violated cars from leaving until the traffic has disappeared
- Patrolling the assigned area every 20 minutes and every break time
- Noticing out-of-the-norm events
Please sign-in at the library and report to Terri (on Wednesdays), Yin-Chi (on Saturdays) or Grace (on Sundays). Duties will be assigned the day of service.
Sports Fun Day
Please help us with the Sports Fun Day on 10/7 and/or 10/8! On the day that you volunteer, please report to Grace in the gym!
2017-18 Fall Academic Contests Helpers
Please help us with Fall Academic Contests on 10/15! When you arrive, please sign in at the library and report to Grace in office. Thank you!。
2017 Irvine Moon Festival
Irvine Moon Festival will be held on Saturday, September 30th starting at 5:30 PM. There are many great activities such as a performance from the South Coast Chinese Orchestra, making moon cakes, children games and arts. We are recruiting volunteers for this event. So sign up today! Service points are available from this volunteering opportunity