Irvine Chinese School (ICS) offers a special program to high school students (9th through 12th graders) whereby they can earn high school credits for Chinese language study.
Applicant must be a high school student, 9th through 12th graders.
Application should be completed within first 4 weeks of each school year. Some high school may require the student to re-apply each semester.
A student may earn up to 5 high school credits, but not to exceed the maximum credits allowable by each student’s respective high school.
- Register with your ICS language teacher
- Obtain an Application and Authorization for Private Instruction Credit for Foreign Language from your high school. Turn in the form to your ICS language teacher.
- Upon approval by the ICS Principal, the form will be returned to the student.
- The student must take the form and obtain approval from the high school Principal or an authorized agent.
- Return the form to ICS.
- Attend 5 hours of classroom instruction weekly. Complete all assignments.
- Participate in approved projects and independent study for no less than 1 hour weekly.
- Participate in various extracurricular culture activities.
- 校外學分成績，此為校內語文課成績之指定作業 (2)、(3)項中的總平均成績。
- Students who plan to earn extracurricular credits for Chinese language should limit their choices to Elective classes. Consult Elective department for details.