Proof of student age is required for students enrolled in Kindergarten or first grade. Please bring a copy of student’s birth certificate or passport for validation. Kindergarten must be five years old by 9/01/2017, First grader must be six years old by 9/01/2017.
Chinese Class Guideline
Tracks available for Chinese Class: Traditional Zhuyin Chinese, Simplified Hanyu Chinese, Chinese as Second Language (CSL) and High School Chinese.
School offers five different sessions to fit the individual student’s need. (a) Wednesday afternoon, (b) Saturday morning, (c) Saturday afternoon, (d) Sunday morning and (e) Sunday afternoon. Elective classes are only available for Sunday sessions.
- Wed afternoon (2:30 pm-5:30 pm): Kindergarten (Pinyin), CSL – Chinese as Second Langauge (Traditional Chinese-Pinyin).
- Sat morning (9:00 am-12:00 pm): Kindergarten (Pinyin), CSL – Chinese as Second Langauge (Traditional Chinese-Pinyin), Simplified Chinese (Pinyin), High School Chinese (Traditional/Simplified).
- Sat afternoon (1:30 pm-4:30 pm): Kindergarten (Pinyin), CSL – Chinese as Second Langauge (Traditional Chinese-Pinyin), Simplified Chinese (Pinyin).
- Sun morning (9:00 am-12:00 pm): Kindergarten (Pinyin or Zhuyin), Simplified Chinese (Pinyin), Traditional Chinese (Zhuyin), High School Chinese (Traditional/Simplified), Elective (Grade level 3 and up).
- Sun afternoon (1:00 pm-4:00 pm): Kindergarten (Pinyin or Zhuyin), Simplified Chinese (Pinyin), Traditional Chinese (Zhuyin), High School Chinese (Traditional/Simplified), Elective (Grade level 3 and up)
If the class is full, you may request to put your name on a waiting list.
Students who wish to transfer to another class must submit a request to school for level evaluation. (**Changing of classes must be done through the school office and NOT through the teacher**).
Students who wish to transfer to another session must submit a request to school to see if any spot is available for transfer.
The school reserves the right to cancel any language or elective class that has less than 10 students enrolled.
Students going for ICS high school level are required to take a high school placement test. Please go to the office to find out the testing dates.
The school will not order the textbook “聽說讀寫 Integrated Chinese” for students who are in high school division (Chinese I to Chinese IV). The school will provide the workbooks for students. If you needed more information on purchasing the textbook, please contact Curriculum Department
All high school students from 9th through 12th graders are eligible for our Extra Credit class. Please obtain an “Application and Authorization for Private Instruction Credit for Foreign Language” from your high school and get the signature from your ICS language teacher. Turn in the application plus $300 registration fee to the office. This class requires 4 hours in-class instruction. (including two hours of Chinese Language, one hour Elective, one hour Extra Credit class) and one-hour online class. Students will receive 5 Credits for completing all the assignments in one semester.
Transfer Students: all students (Grade level 2 above) will need to be evaluated by Curriculum Department.
Elective Class Guideline
- All students attending Sunday’s Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese sessions in third grade or above must enroll in an elective course each school year.
- Each elective course is designed as a whole year program. Course availability (Level H, M, L) is determined based on the grade level that student will enter next school year. Please select appropriate level according to the guideline listed below:
- Level H: Grade 10 and up.
- Level M: Grade 6 to 8.
- Level L: Grade 3 to 5.
- The school will schedule classes based on demand and feasibility. Classes with less than 10 students enrolled may be canceled.
- The Elective class has limited spaces. Enrollment will be based on first come first serve in registration sequence until space is filled.
- GYM Schedule (Basketball, Badminton, Ping Pong). All basketball classes will be held in the morning section, and all badminton and Ping Pong classes will be held in the afternoon section. The new schedules are:
- Morning (9:00 AM to 12:00 PM Sunday): Basketball ONLY
- 09:00 AM to 09:50 AM- Lower-grade level class
- 10:00 AM to 10:50 AM- Middle-grade level class
- 11:00 AM to 11:50 AM- Upper-grade level class
- Noon (12:00 PM to 12:50 PM Sunday): Badminton, Ping-Pong ONLY.
- Ping Pong Class.
- Badminton Class.
- Afternoon (01:00 PM to 02:50 PM Sunday): Badminton ONLY
- 01:00 PM to 01:50 PM Sunday- Badminton. Lower Level.
- 02:00 PM to 02:50 PM Sunday- Badminton. Middle Level
- Morning (9:00 AM to 12:00 PM Sunday): Basketball ONLY
- After student attending the Elective class, any requested to change to a difference Elective class will incur a $20 processing fee.
- SAT II Chinese Preparation elective class is limited to students who are enrolling in American High school 9th grade and up.
- Standard fee includes Tuition, Registration and Service Deposit:
- $525/year Tuition & Material. Fee includes $490 Tuition and $35 Material.
- $35/family Registration. Total registration fee per family.
- $100/student Service Deposit. Service Point deposit for family with one student. +$50 additional deposit for family with two or more students
$50/year Elective Class. For Sunday sessions level 3 and up, students taking Traditional and Simplified Chinese classes are required to take an Elective Class.
+$20 additional material fee will be collected for the following elective classes: Chinese Painting; Chinese Calligraphy; Chinese Beading; Chinese Art and Craft; Introduction to Cartoon.
Students have an option to take an additional Elective class.
$300/year High School Extra Credit. High school students 9th to 12th graders are eligible for taking Extra Credit class.
$250/year Extra Elective class. Current ICS student are eligible for taking an additional Elective class
$350/year Elective Class. Non-current students wish to take the Elective class.
$20/request Change class. After the first day of class, school will charge $20 each time for changing class except that the teacher recommends changing the class
$5/report Report Card. Official report card per school year.
Please make check payable to SCCCA
In order to simplify the registration procedures, the school will be collecting the service deposit for the next school year during enrollment time. As for the service deposit earned for the current year, the school will refund the accumulative total by mail after the end of the school year; therefore, please make sure your current address is correct in the Sycamore system.